Sunday 27 January 2013

Dear friend,

What do you do with a liar in your ear,

And when they are not there, it still resonates and drips of fear?

Haunting, the black lips mutter a host of empty lost words,

Bind their picture tightly, repeating a phrase I once heard.

Desperate to believe them, they once were a friend,

Though seemingly always unruly and you were always a little ready to defend.

Now, it feels the limbo is lifting,

And the choice is drifting,

And a time may come when they can no longer bear,

Their own lies they feed on, underneath, lays complete despair.

And the time will come that they will choose again,

Either continued darkness, paranoia and shame,

Or, what I wish for them,

A new choice,

Life,

Purpose,

Love,

That they once knew,

Maybe long ago,

Maybe they would remember,

They are not alone,

You were always their deep, true friend,

Never any real reason for their heart to not completely mend.

If I could do it for them,

Take the pain away,

I would, I would,

If they would choose to live a different way.

But I can't, I can't,

So I write,

And plead,

And beg,

I'm going to be selfish now,

If you care for not yourself at all,

Life itself,

I ask you,

Care for me.

Care for me,

Don't tell another lie to your own face.

I am on your side, pleading your case.

Prove you are my friend,

Be honest, you are safe...

Are you at your end?










No comments:

Post a Comment