Sunday 27 January 2013

Sad

Sad is a funny word, only three letters seem too small,
to convey the feeling that is beating,
deep down,
under the churning,
bloodied,
mess,
of a
heart.

Somehow my body keeps itself afloat. The organs stay intact and everything is compact.

My eyes peer, small windows open, the wall, my face, blank and drained.

Behind the blue-grey slits, my mind assesses and wonders,
what is the intention here,
to discover me
and know what is inside,
to what end will this take us,
this end or that,
both a different bend,
still,
both an end.

I know the learning that is done even when we reach a wall.
Touch it, feel it, it's the experience that is the call.

And still I am sad. The three letter word haunts my heart.
A million strangers who held me,
I knew you
in a moment,
adrift this time and place,
it's eternal,
I'm sure,
you still know
who I am,
and I know you,
we turn another page,
not together,
our hands apart now,
forever.

Doesn't the sadness feel like tears falling,
like wearing a dress of hopelessness,
like you could walk and walk until you slip,
into the ocean of darkness,
there it's peaceful,
complete
bliss.




No comments:

Post a Comment