Tuesday 18 December 2012

Dark Roads

Lost in a time and space that isn't mine to hold, churning, burning, incomplete and redoing over and over I fold.

The fragments and the shards cut me in the same place, the scar now etched deeper, a seemingly arduous chase.

Can you hit me, fit me into your mold?
Tell me the same stories I'm forever told?

The road looks different this time, see, though as I near the end, it becomes clearer to me.

Like a wolf in a suit all hidden and decieving, there I was on my way, blindly believing.

And I am caught out, once again, the water begins rising as I call out to you, my loving friend.

There isn't a sight to be seen, in every direction I am alone, not a mark left where you've been.

I open my mouth to shout, to call your sweet name, though I'm stuck, my voice unheard, this is a cruel game.

I must find my way through the dark, hands out-stretched feeling for a spark.

And I must take my time through this place, slowly and surely embracing this empty space.

This is where I reside, deep within, and it's here the healing will truly begin.

Or else I will cling onto a safe railing, like your hand, your heart or someone else who's ailing.

And the journey will continue, a hopeless ongoing saga, and I will one day be a step closer, or maybe much much farther.

No comments:

Post a Comment